LOGIN PASSWORD CHANGE for Web Software Users | eGateway Release 23 June 2022
'Remember Password' is removed from eHCP Web, eHSP, eREC, eNDIS, eSRM, eMR, eVM & eDB. Your password will be required each time you log in. Release Notes on security changes found here.
The e-Tools Gateway version 18.104.22.168 release on 23 June 2022 contains major security enhancements. The ‘Remember Password’ function has been removed from the login screens of e-Tools Gateway & Web Software applications.
This affects all Gateway & Web users, including eHCP Web, eHSP, eREC, eNDIS, eSRM, eMR, eVM and eDB.
In the interests of its clients, e-Tools is currently undertaking the requirements to be ISO 27001 certified, to provide the highest level of data and cyber security. To meet the ISO 27001 standard involves an increase in security arrangements at every level in the data management, storage and utilisation process. This includes ensuring that all software users strengthen their login process, necessitating the removal of the ‘Remember Password’ option, as it is identified to be an increased security risk.
Please be advised that you will be required to type your password each time you log in, as the ‘Remember Password’ function has been removed from e-Tools Gateway & Web Applications.
If you have difficulty remembering your current password, please refer to the steps to retrieve your password further below.
Other security enhancements in this release include:
- Triggering of reCAPTCHA option for failed login attempts
- Introduction of user Password Complexity
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) option during login for further protection against compromised passwords
Retrieve your password – General steps via Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome Browser.
- Access Settings by clicking on the icon with three stacked horizontal dots, located near the address bar
- This will open up a dropdown menu. Click Settings > Autofill > Passwords.
- Find the Saved Passwords heading. You may need to scroll down to find the relevant e-Tools web application(s).
- To the right of the name of the e-Tools web application, click the Show button or Show password ‘eye’ icon
- If you lock your computer and have an existing Windows or Microsoft account password, you may be prompted to enter your password.
- The password to access your e-Tools web application should now be displayed. Please note this password, as you will be required to type it in every time you login to your e-Tools application, once eGateway v22.214.171.124 goes live.
The general steps above are for your computer, other devices may have slightly different steps. If you still have trouble, please seek assistance from your administrator.
Please download the Release Notes below and pass the information on to your IT administrator to manage the more technical aspects of the security changes.
Please contact our Support Team via email@example.com if you need assistance.